UOW Social Media House Rules
The University of Wollongong encourages comments and posts on our social media sites as a forum for you to contribute your thoughts about UOW news and to participate in civil conversations about topical issues. By engaging with us in any way on social media, you agree to abide by our Social Media House rules:
- Be polite. Treat other people using The University of Wollongong social media sites, including our staff moderators, with respect and courtesy. Comments using inappropriate language, which are abusive towards other users, or which appear to deliberately provoke arguments, will be deleted.
- Don't break the law. Do not post comments which are potentially defamatory, discriminatory, incite violence, infringe copyright or are otherwise unlawful. Messages that are factually wrong and misleading may also be deleted.
- Stay on topic. News articles and opinion pieces are provided for you to discuss the articles' content. Do not post messages which are irrelevant. Trolls will be banned or blocked.
- Don't dominate the conversation. UOW reserves the right to hide or delete comments from participants who seek to dominate the discussion.
- Don't advertise. Contributions that seek to endorse commercial products or activities or solicit business will not be accepted. UOW publishes links to other websites at its sole discretion.
- Be transparent. Comments and posts must not intentionally impersonate other people.
These rules apply to all UOW operated social media accounts listed on the Connect with UOW page, and apply across all social media platforms.
Due to the design of some platforms, we may not be able to contact you to alert you if your content goes against UOW’s Social Media House Rules. However, if you repeatedly violate these conditions, you may be banned from one or all UOW social media pages.
Each social media platform also has their own standards which you must abide by:
For further information or enquiries, please contact the Strategic Marketing and Communications Unit.